National Motorsport Week - Win prizes you can't buy
National Motorsport Week 2012 runs from 30 June to 8 July and has competition prizes, factory tours, signed F1 components and even opportunities to become team members for a day.
Timed to coincide with both the Goodwood Festival of Speed and the Formula 1 Santander British Grand Prix, the event is intended to remind people that the UK is at the epicentre of global motor sport. Certainly, some of the statistics are impressive:
• Britain has produced more F1 World Champions than any other nation with ten title winners; Brazil and Finland are next up with three each.
• Two of the last three F1 World Champions are British – Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button.
• More British drivers (32) have won the 24 Hours of Le Mans than those representing any other nation, including France (27).
• British-based constructors have won no fewer than 37 F1 Constructors' Championships well ahead of Italian (16) and French (1) based companies.
• Eight of the 12 current F1 teams are based in the UK and four have already won a Grand Prix in 2012.
• Two of the three premier World Rally Championship teams are based in the UK.
The competitions will all be hosted on the MSA's Go Motorsport website over the coming weeks. Competitions kick off on Wednesday this week with a chance for winners to become a team member of Mercedes AMG Petronas and Caterham F1 teams at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.